Reflection 2

 The essence of sin is - "what about me?"

We are so easily inclined to be self-centred and want life to be comfortable and easy

But God has an eternal plan and that is the focus of His thinking

And should be the focus of my thinking

Jesus came to fulfil His part of that purpose and never considered His own comforts or how things affected Him when He was here. When the people that He had created chose to reject Him He never said "what about Me" but He faced towards to Jerusalem to fulfil His purpose

And I believe -

I am like a foreign agent
I have been sent from heaven to do a work here
before eventually returning to heaven
So ......
I need to keep in regular contact with home base (God in heaven)
I need to refer back to Him for the mission, for my assignments
for on-going instructions and for wisdom and knowledge in the situations I face
I need to keep in touch with Him for the sake of relationship and spiritual sustenance
I'm on a mission from elsewhere and need to keep in touch

It's all about being available to God to fulfil His eternal purpose

There is no place for "what about me?"



Comments