Psalm 139:5 in The PassionTranslation says -

You know every step I will take before my journey even begins.
You’ve gone into my future to prepare the way,
and in kindness you follow behind me
to spare me from the harm of my past.

With your hand of love upon my life,
you impart a blessing to me.
This is just too wonderful, deep, and incomprehensible!

Two encouraging thoughts here -
1) He goes into the future and prepares our onward journey
Reassuring if we are truly walking with Him
Or do we have our own plans and projects for the future?
Do we encourage young people to plan a career based solely on their academic achievements?  Or do we encourage them to seek God for His plan?
I wanted to be a hairdresser and that was a gift I could have used throughout life
Especially to bless people with a cheap or free haircut when their finances were limited
But ...... academics sent me to do a degree in computing and cybernetics!!
Which I abandoned after one term and have never had the need for.
So ........ don't depend on the values of the world who are looking for the "best" opportunities that give the most money.
God has His plan for you and that pathway carries His favour and blessing
At every stage of life - inquire of God.

2) He follows behind and spares you from the harms of the past  -  if you will let Him
If you will let Him!
Some of us want to hold onto our pain for reasons of unforgiving, self pity, wanting revenge, wanting recompense and other reasons that hold us in bondage to the situation.
But Jesus came to bring us freedom in all areas of life and He will be a shield between us and the harms of the past if we allow Him

Comments