God loved me before I was perfect


1 John 4:10 (Passion Translation) says
This is love: He loved us long before we loved him. It was his love, not ours.

Yes - He loved me from the beginning 
He loved me before I loved Him, before I knew Him 
And ......   He loved me from the beginning - 
not because my thinking, my doctrine or my values were correct
but ....... because of relationship
because   -  He is love
And over time many of my beliefs and values have changed
and become more in line with Him and His truth.

And so ..... in the same way ...... we should be accepting of others - loving others
Loving others because we have God's heart to love with no conditions
Not dividing over points of doctrine  -  but finding common ground
Accepting others because of relationship and for love
And over time - no matter what our differences 
they will change and mature as we each walk with God
and our "doctrines" will come closer to each other's way of thinking
Do we live from grace, mercy and love?
Or from correct doctrine?
Do we reach out to other people or do we reject them unless they are right in all that they believe and do?
It is the heart of love that brings change not pointing the finger of judgement

Comments