Commission

When Jesus came to earth He knew what He had come for and He fulfilled His commission
In the same way each of us is here for a purpose within God's eternal plan and we need to know what it is so that we can live it
And for myself I have this printed on a small card that I keep with me so that I don't forget -

I have been sent from heaven to do a work here…..
before eventually returning to heaven
So ….
I need to keep in regular contact with home base
I need to refer back to the Head for …..
mission; assignments; on-going instructions
for wisdom & knowledge in situations
for relationship with Father & spiritual sustenance
I’m on a mission from elsewhere & I need to keep in touch

and for myself I feel that my personal assignment is ........
To know this is a season where God is outworking His final purposes
It's no longer a season for "man" but a season of God
We are a people preparing the way for the return of Jesus
We are knowing Jerusalem not Babylon
Living Kingdom not Church
Searching out the mysteries and secrets of God 

We each need to know our purpose and our reason for living
Otherwise we are just treading water and going nowhere



Comments

johntm said…
Its very important we know our purpose and mission here on earth, this is an eye opening article i never looked at our christian life in this context. Thanks Fiona