Thoughts from a friend

Let me share a thought I received from a friend
because it expresses a lot of what I feel myself
Church is something God wants us to operate "a mile high".
And I mean a mile in the sky!
I think its so much bigger than anything we can comprehend to date.
Currently we are planted on the ground and
at most get 5ft of the ground if we stand up!
The more we try to identify church the more we tie it down,
our earthly descriptions are become lead weights and keep it grounded.
Its so much bigger!
And as other people round the globe are saying
There is a mighty change coming
that will radically change the way the world defines church
and it's not a change of doctrine
but a change in basic church life
that will turn upside-down most of what we thought we knew
we will need to live from revelation
not information
if we are going to keep in step with what the Spirit is doing
in our times (Gal 5 v 25)

Comments