Pathways to God

It's my belief that we sometimes get stuck on how we expect to hear God
and that's sometimes because we expect to hear Him
in the same way as other people do
But let me suggest that we open ourselves up
to other creative and diverse avenues
As an example let me share how I unexpectedly heard from God
just the other day
First - I was provoked by a picture
which was a reflection of the word "prophecy"
It showed a man in a long robe holding back a curtain
on the curtain were trees, hills etc
and the curtain being held back suggested
that prophecy is out there beyond the tangible world
beyond our natural horizons
I desired to see what was beyond the curtain
and sensed in my spirit a picture of a large group of people
seated round a banqueting table - feasting
This led me to look up the verses in the Bible that speak of
feasting and the abundance of His table etc
And this led me to write down two of them in particular
which spoke to me and I wrote them in the first person
receiving them into myself
and as I finished writing the verses as they were
I felt more words coming to me
and as I continued to write I was receiving a
personal word from God into my life
Encouraging & exciting!!
But can you see the steps and the pathway involved
Beginning with a simple picture
and finishing with a personal word into my life
God is different for each of us
and different each time
He wants to surprise us and to be found in unexpected places
Like a phrase in a novel or a line in a film
Be open to finding Him wherever He wants to show Himself
For those who seek Him will be found by Him
But not necessarily where we expected

Comments