What is christian?

Am I English because .......
I know the National Anthem
I support my local football team
I know the history of the country
I know the laws of the land
I understand the economy
I vote at every election

No ... I am English because my parents are English
I was born here, and I live here

So am I a christian because .....
I read my Bible, I pray
I know the theology
My doctrines are sound
I believe in all the right things

No ...... being a christian is not a philosophy
a concept, a religion, a set of beliefs

It is because of a dynamic radical relationship with a living God
And being born into His family
and living in His kingdom
It's life and lifestyle and relationship
and it effects every level of our existence

Live the relationship and everything falls into place

Comments