Are you a stranger ?

So are you a stranger ??
Psalm 119 v19 in The Message says
I'm a stranger in these parts - give me clear directions
Yes ! I say to that - I'm a stranger
and I want to stay a stranger
I'm going forward with God and I am striking new ground all the time
I haven't been here before
I don't know the pathway ahead
Because I'm walking in the things that You have planned for me Father
Unexpected, unknown, Your ways not mine
But You Jesus are the Way - You ...are .....the ....Way
And You will take me where you will if I am available to You
I can opt out and make my own plans, map my own pathway
But do I have confidence in myself
Or is my confidence really in You
Jeremiah 17 says
Blessed is the man who trusts in the LORD, whose confidence is in Him.
He will be like a tree planted by the water
that sends out its roots by the stream.
It does not fear when heat comes;
its leaves are always green.
It has no worries in a year of drought
and never fails to bear fruit.
If my confidence is in You, Lord then I have hope
But if it is in myself - what hope is there
I want my confidence to be in You, Lord
so that .......
I don't fear the circumstances that come upon me
I have no worries 'cos I'm trusting in You
and so....
no matter what ......
I am always bearing fruit of the kingdom
Keep me as a stranger, Lord - ever exploring new things with You
and stay close, always showing me the next step
always hearing what You would speak to me

Comments