21st Century church - part 1

My understanding of church began to evolve in a new way when God dropped into my spirit, 4 years ago, the phrase "this isn't what church is all about" !! and I wasn't even in a church meeting at the time. So for the next while I am going to walk you through the history of my evolving pathway as to what I am understanding about church at this time - so keep coming

"This isn't what church is all about" - that's what dropped into my spirit and it birthed something new and fresh within me. I knew from the start that it wasn't going to be a re-shaping of church as we knew it - much the same as before with a new lick of paint - no this wouldn't be contained within the style and format of church as we were living it because it was a fresh expression from God's directive. This led us (husband & self) to step out from the church group we had been fellowshipping with for the last years and to make ourselves available for anything God wanted to show us and it felt much like Abraham - packing up and moving on but destination unknown. Yet within 6 hours of notifying the church of our decision I was listening to a tape when the speaker began talking about God wanting people who were willing to step out into something new and build church like it had never been built before - with no forward planning or blueprint of how it would be but willing to trust God and build week by week as He directed - coincidence or God-incidence - I think it's pretty obvious that God was confirming the way ahead for us.
And not longer after I read of a prophecy that Smith Wigglesworth had not long before he died in 1947. This prophecy said that there were going to be 3 significant moves of God over the next years - firstly there would be a fresh outpouring of the Holy Spirit across the denominations, then there would be a season of house churches etc and when that season began to wane there would be a fresh wave of God, the like of which had never been seen before. Again this encouraged us to believe that we were following the voice of God.
And so the journey began .......... expectation and anticipation of being caught up in the "now" word of God.

Comments